Thursday, September 04, 2008

I've Been Around the World and I Ain't See Nothing Like You

Sun, oh sun....

Yesterday has such a glorious weather, it reminded me of Spring last year. The fond memories where the sun is bright, the air is cool and the slightly musky aroma. Can't wait for the weather to be hot enough to be running in t-shirts, shorts and flip-flops.

Son, oh son....

Some people just gets weirder and weirder. People are funny beings. They need to find where they belong to, like a puzzle piece. If they don't fit in, they don't fit in. No use for a puzzle piece that juts out. One my my colleague, just got let off from work. Well, he was in it for about two months and realised that it is just not working out for him unfortunately. Nice guy, but not for the job.

This makes me wonder sometimes about people in situations like these. Last Spring, I was facing the decision to or not to do Science. I came to the conclusion that if I get my Ph.D. scholarship, I will stick with I. I did not get it, was not that sad, however, just slightly annoyed. So, Science is not for me then. It made me find my true passion in designing. And I would like to get there with my own strength (and money for school fees). University was nothing to me as I did not pay for my high fees, me dad did. I just want to do it to please myself and everyone but I was not in it.

I was not fitting in perfectly. Perhaps if I would have stuck with Science, I will be getting good pay, good reputation and stability, but I would be miserable, grey-haired prematurely, dulled and wearing the same old ugly clothes to the lab everyday (cos everyone in the lab does it). I am jutting out just a little bit with my pink pull-over, Nudie jeans and my pal, Vuitton.

Right now, I hope that my wealth would grow... Let me prosper!!!! I need the money to pay not for my school fees but also my rent and expenses when I got back to my studies. Of course I will be getting a part time job then as well. However, I am really loving my job right now. I am seeing the world, talking the world and selling the world. It is retail, hospitality, travel, management, advertising, sucking up, listening, consulting and ripping-off all at the same time. Love it love it love it. I feel like I have been to Bali 6 times, Phuket 18 times, Fiji 9 times, Europe 15 times, The States 7 times and India 100000000 times.

Oh my God, Indians.... love them or hate them. They like to barter!!!! Cheaper cheaper cheaper is the key. They want all they can get with what they pay. One even wanted a goody bag (which does not even exist) just because he booked 2 flights. C'mon, I am not even making that much from him... seriously!! Still, at least they do buy, at times. It is part of their culture to barter and we have to respect that. One tip, mark the date change fare REALLY high, and you will be F.I.N.E.

Looking at myself in the mirror, and my new hair... I realised that it is Fashion Week this week 1 to 7 September!! Of course I will be gracing the main events, runways tonight and tomorrow night. I am quite excited to see what they have came up with, and of course the free flow of champagne.