Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Last Quiet Weekend

The past few weekends had been a quiet one for me.
This is due to the fact that exams are around the corner,
Rendering my mates, who are uni-bound, library-ing.
Thus, no parties or soirees or happenings for me.
Yet, those quiet times had been pretty enjoyable.

Firstly, I have been able to clean up my room.
Old clothes stored in my already ‘filled up’ room irritates me.
So, I have traded it for goodwill, to YMCA.
Giving away old and unused things lifted much of my burdens,
As I will be looking forward to getting new ones!!

Secondly, I am able to update myself on the trends.
Since I started working, I had not read much magazines,
Two months is light years in terms of trends!!
So, I spend my whole afternoon soaking in 15 magazines.
Vogue, Vogue Australia, Vogue Italia, Vogue Homme, GQ,
Haper’s Bazaar, Madison and the list went on.
I realised that after the 6th magazine,
All those different magazines were actually forecasting on the same things.
Same ad campaigns, same features and same same.

Thirdly, I did my finance recording and budgeting!!
Hehe, sounds boring but so important.
I set my goals for savings in the next 2 months.
Predict what my expenditure will be like.
And mapped out my ‘ability’ to buy the things that I want.
I sense a new LV bag in my wardrobe~~~ Mirage Porte Document Vertical!!

Fourthly, I finally go the time (and motivation) to hand wash some of my jackets
And bring three of them for drycleaning.
The three had been dirty for a while hehe.
And the rest must be handwashed and ironed of course.
So all’s good now, I feel like I have gained some new jackets!!
Hand-washing clothes is also very zen, as I have found.

Fifthly, I was able to gym a lot.
This is good as my weekdays had been very hectic recently
And the cold weather will make me NOT wanna hit the gym after a hard day work.
Now, I can gym at the weekend at anytime I want!

Sixthly, I was graced with the time to reflect…
I have always been someone whom believed that the future is always better.
And that tomorrow will always be better than today or yesterday.
Yet, I find it quite ironic that I can’t let go of the past.
Past failed relationships, friendships and challenges.
Perhaps time is the cure.

Lucky seventhly, I am able to plan my schedule for the next few months.
I like to do this as it gives me a sense of control.
I am beginning to believe that keeping busy is good for me!
So lemme see…

Mon 23 Jun, meeting with MSF. Can’t wait!
Sat 28 and Sun 29 Jun, hanging out with mates whom exams will be done!
That is why this is called the last quiet weekend.
Looking forward to shopping and lounging!!
Mon 30 Jun, celebration dinner with company for end of financial year!!
Sat 5 Jul to Tue 8 Jul, vay-kay out of Melbourne with mates!! Wheeeee.
Tue 8 Jul, commission day!$!$
Thu 17 Jul, dermatologist visit…
Fri 18 Jul, PAY DAY!$!$
Thu 24 Jul start design class!!!

Seemed like there is quite many things to look forward to!!
Can anyone believe that it is already mid of 2008?