Friday, April 11, 2008

Didi and Stupidity

My watch’s battery officially died… that continued my bad luck streak for this week.

First I am employed.

I came to a 'Advertising and marketing’ company who seems to be gold. Everyone was friendly, the job was different and I was hired. That’s where the fantasy ends.

The company is a Direct door-to-door salesman job who pays by commission and the hours ate Mon to Sat and 12pm to 9pm!?!?!?!?! WHO THE FUCK WORKS LIKE THAT!

So before I signed my contract, I told them that its not what I have been expecting or looking for.. so Adios.

Then, I went for a second interview with National Australian Bank, the biggest bank in Australia interms of networth and customers. The pay is good and the hours good. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this job. However, I screwed it up!!!

Interviewers are two branch managers, a really nice bloke and a cold-have-not-gotten-laid lady. She asked ‘So how long do you see yourself working for NAB?’

I go ‘About 3 to 5 years as I plan to move on and do fashion designs.’

She goes ‘That worries me as I prefer someone more committed.’

I *shocked* go ‘Well if I really like what I am doing, I will stay on.’

FUCK. The next day, I was called by my agent. She told me that the review was great, my interview was fantastic and I am really confident and will be a good worker. HOWEVER, my downfall was that I only plan to work for 3 to 5 years, thus its not long term and its now what they are looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK FUCK FUCKING HELL.

There goes my good job, good hours, good pay and good experience.

I so did not expect her to ask that question.

I should have went ‘Well I would absolutely LOVE to work for NAB and will it as long as I can contribute to the team and the company.’ Or something along the lines of ‘I will work for you till the day I die, till my last breath on Earth or till the end of times!!’

STUPID!!

With a bad luck week, comes a good luck week. With a stupid week, comes a smart week. I will lift my head up and not be affected by spilled milk. Plus, I am listening to Mary J. Blige’s ‘Just Fine.’ It’s da bomb people!!!

Status, still unemployed…