Monday, April 14, 2008

Dream a Little Dream

It’s funny. Whenever I oversleep, which is like 2 hours plus my usual 8 hours, Iwill be having REM for the 2 hours. Or Rapid Eye Movement aka dreams. They are not the regular pointless dreams but things that are close to my heart. Sometimes, they can be nightmares. These dreams seemed to be telling me to wake up from my sleep… and I can so remember vividly what I dreamt hours after I woke up.

Today, I had one of these dreams. It was really funny. I was in Melbourne, at 11 pm night time and it was drissling. The air was filled with moisture from the rain. It was a Friday night and everyone’s out to party. For some reason, I was in my friend’s car, a S2000 convertible sports car. Oliver had passed it to me for some reason for me to get home. The funny thing is, I was driving it home myself… and I don’t even have a driver’s licence. HEHE. So funny cos when I was in a car, I was thinking of ways to park it in my house back in Singapore.

So there you have, the space shift that only happen in dreamland. The rain stopped and I dropped the roof of the car. I felt really cool as the cold winds brush against my face and hot chicks, one with a fro and gold dress screamed as I drive by. The metallic grey S2000 is hot…. So hot.

Then, I came around to the main road and the rain started pouring again. Frantically, I searched for the roof button and the roof came back one. Since it’s a rather small sports car, I remembered the roof hitting my head as it close the car… so funny as this would never happen in reality.

Then, suddenly I was transported out of the car into this busy town.. it was daytime and snowing… A time shift. The town is distinctively European and before I know it, I was in Germany… not just Germany but West Germany in the not-so-cosmopolitan place and I don’t speak German, except for the word ‘ACHTUNG’…

So went around and found a Chinese restaurant on the second floor of a old building… oh my salvation. I went in to see that it was run by a Chinese family. A peep down the building, I saw an Indonesian restaurant and contemplated if I should have asked for direction there instead. However, the winds were cold and I can’t be bothered.

So I started to ask them for direction. An old lady, the mom was there amidst a son and a daughter. I asked the son to draw me a map as I believe that once I know the whole picture, I should be getting around fairly easily. I was offered some hot tea and soup. Nice family.

So there he drew the map of Germany, which I can still remember how it looked like as I am typing this. It looked like North America. Funny…. Then he started to dot the main cities.. which I remembered included Montreal… err funnier cos that’s in Canada. And finally, he got to where I am located at, at this small town called Old Pig’s Cove. He even wrote the name in Chinese.
Mmm, then I went on to explained that I am from Melbourne. The mom then replied, oh I thought you were from Singapore, in that case I will have to charge you 10 Euro for the meal. I replied ‘That’s ok, you help would be worth more that that. Thank you.’

Then, my dream dissolved. It’s so weird. Yesterday’s dream was weird too as I overslept. I still remember parts of it but shall spare you the gory details. ACHTUNG.