Monday, February 02, 2009

Didigraphy

Happy Lunar New Year everyone! Gong xi fa cai. May you be blessed with wealth and prosperity and many grandchildren.

It has been a while since I wrote about a more superficial blog. The previous artikelen have all been real emotional and deep and explore the many facets of human flaws and behaviors. so i thought, why not have one that touches the surface? One that caresses only the exterior? One that merely hinted a scent of contempation?

Didigraphy: A list of things that have touched Didi's current lifestyle.

1) ghd- also known as good hair day. A string of bad hair days tormented me at the start of January. Thus, i have invested in John Freida's Brilliant Brunette range. Well, i must say that i have my mom and John Freida to tank for being a Brilliant Brunette. I simply swear by the shampoo and conditioner and is so moisturing and the leave in Shine Shock that makes my hair so illuminated. Money well spend.

2) One of my favourite things in life happen to be very superficial. Designer candles and room spray. If i ever own a pillow mist, i may be overdoing things, but life is complete with a $50 scented candle and a $30 room spray from Crabtree & Evelyn. My room is my sanctuary, and divine it smelled.

3) Bronze bedframe: when my sis's friend wanted to get rid of her designer bedframe, I became the answer. I almost got a new one, but decided to adopt this beautiful bedframe. It fits into my room perfectly and is so delicious as i can store my winter clothes under it! The downside? I got ripped off $165 by the delivery truck man as they charged me 1 hour 30 minutes to move from QV to my place... it should only take 45 minutes maximum.

4) Ingenious storage. So i spend like $50 on storage bags for my winter clothes and $100 in Officeworks for boxes to store my documents. However, these storage bags and boxes can be used over and over and oer again. Plus they look really pretty.

5) BodyPump class at the gym. Sometimes i just want to be killed, and to do that, i attend the BodyPump class. I really like to develop my upper torso and my legs, and this class will make me into a Hercules. That i am sure....

6) Yoga: The best way to forget the stress of the day and let your body reconnect with yourself. It is like detox for the soul. And it tones up the core muscles to help us live longer.

7) Dr. Lewinn's S8 Anti-wrinkle serum. With caviar and blackcurrent, you can't go wrong. It may cost $90 for a tube, but i like to look young and not end up some wrinkly old fart. I am aging every second unfortunately and i will cling on anything that could reverse it.

8) Q silica Gel and Rose Hip Oil: My hair felt significantly stronger and my skin more taut after taking this twice daily. On top of that, i apply rose hip oil daily, especially after a sunny day to help the skin recover.

9) Cotton On. Simply the best. Cheap and good. I have been wanting a red tartan shirt for a while and saw many labels which price tag them for $60 and above. With this bad economy, i rather save the cash/invest them on something woth it. Then i came across this really nice red tartan shirt in Cotton On, exactly what i am looking for, size S at $10. It was a good day, i had tears in my eyes.

10) Mario Puzo. Well he is not a thing but rather a person/writer. However, his books rocks! I never thing that i am interested in complicated gangland mafia boss novels, however, Puzo is such a good write in so many levels. And his book has depth and quality. It has multiple stories in a story, multiple cultures in the American culture and alot of drama and gory details. Love it.

So there you have it, Didigraphy, a list of things that have touched Didi's current lifestyle. I hope that it had not bored you to sleep... or in Didi's case... beauty sleep.