Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day in the Life of Didi

In an attempt for you to get more 'personal' and know what goes on in my day to day life, I here my banal schedule.

Every Monday to Friday (at times Saturday where I work half day and have a weekday off), I am at work from 9 am to 6 pm. I am certainly not a very morning person. Thus, my waking up time is maximised to having just enough time left for me to freshen up, have a quick breakfasts and the requiredduration for me to travel to work. I usually turn up at 8.55 am or at 9am sharp. Like I said, it is maximised for my waking/snoozing time.

I admit that i go to the toilet alot, as in more than 5 times in that 9 to 6 period as i have a weak bladder, plus i drink alot of water due to me talking alot for my work and also I feel to need to check myself out in the mirror. This is excusable as I have very limited time in the morning before i get to work, thus i have to do my *ahem* morning business in the toilet at work.

My lunch is usually very quick. In order to fund my retail habits and my new diet, I pack my own lunch which is usually wholemeal bread with salad and ham/tuna and a piece of fruit. No snacking is allowed throughout the day to keep the calories at check, A quick lunch meant that i have time to check out new things that is instores too. I always find that i have a never ending wish list. There is always something new that i want to procure. Currently, i have a couple of items that i plan to get for the month of May

Didi's Pick of the Month- May
1. Peter Alexander Oxford pyjamas set. The latest collection of Peter Alexander is based on equestrian and preppy Ivy League, This grey pyjama set is coming at $79.95, definitely a must have. I cannot wait to get my claws on them!

2. Australian Harper's Bazaar magazine. Simply the best magazine out there at $7.95 (better than Vogue!).

3. Nintendo DSi. I am comtemplating if i should spend $175 to upgrade my current DSlite to the latest DSi. This new version has music player and a camera. It is also more sleek and has a larger screen.

4. Karl Lagerfeld fragrance Woody. A very niche parfum that is sooo nice. It is also very expensive, at $125 for 70ml.

5. Cowboy boots. I have actually just got my claws on not one.. but TWO of them. One is black and another is dark chocolate, but both are 5 inches tall. So giddy'up for the hottest Winter wear.

Fitness is what I am very into recently. I make sure that I DO NOT miss them, unless I have something on. I go to the gym after work.

Monday nights: Bodypump
Tuesday nights: Yoga
Wednesday nights: Boxing Circuit
Thursday nights: relax
Friday nights: Drawing class
Saturdays: Gym session or Bodypump
Sundays: Relax or Gym session

You may assume that I do not have enough time to relax, but the classes and gym session goes on for one hour only, thus alot of time to relax. Having not alot of time due to work, i need to burn off as many calories as I can in one hour. I wish i have 3 hours to be running and doing things outdoor but that is just not an option.

My meals are also fixed. It will be high protein and low carb for dinner. Below are my meal options:
Cabbage soup with rice and beef.
Roast chicken with salad (1/4 chicken) and a piece of wholemeal bread.
Pan fried salmon and blanched broadbeans with mayo.
Didi's mega sandwich, which comprise of ham, avocado, salad, lettuce, cheese and capsicum.
Oriental noodle with vegetables, beef and sausages (can be instant or fresh noodle).
Beef porterhouse steak 300 grams with steamed broccoli.
Tom Yum soup with vegies and seafood.
And the list goes on....
I allow myself a small piece of candy or choclate everyday because i have a sweet tooth.

I have actually lost 2 kilos on this diet despite gaining alot of muscle mass. My pants dropped a size and I feel alot more confident in myself. YAY! However, i also meet up with my mates for dinner, which i allow myself to be more sinful. I am beginning to sound robotic and boring now, so i shall stop now.