Sunday, May 04, 2008

C’est la vie

Story: Once upon a time, there lived a girl with a beautiful smile and a pure heart by the name of Didi. This girl lives by herself, in a broken old hut by the hills. In times of joy, she laughs, in times of sorrow, she cries. She has a dream. She wishes that one day, her handsome prince will come. Riding on a white horse, he will sweep her away from the sadness and misery of her world, and into his beautiful great castle. Into happily ever after.

Lunch pack, checked. Business attire, checked. Alarm clock, checked. Files for work, checked. A job….. checked!!

Hi blog-buddies, I am employed… finally. After months of deserved holidays, contemplation about future, rantings about joblessness and days dreaming of Paris, I am hired!! I am officially a Travel Consultant for one of the biggest international travel companies in Australia! And I am starting work in less than 24 hours… be excited for me as I can feel butterflies in my ‘abs-ed’ stomach.

I really don’t know what to expect tomorrow and am hoping for the best. If I can survive this week, I can survive anything… that’s my current thought. I really first and foremost hope that I get a lovely supervisor/manager. After been though what I had last year, I must say that having that is CRUCIAL to my mental health for the next 2 to 3 financial years. Yes we are talking about financial here now as it will be my first full time job!! FIRST! I had a couple of part time ones before but this will get me started on all the things I wanna buy.

I am not gonna brood or predict how tomorrow will be like as I know that it will be pointless. I mean, what colleagues will I have? Will I be able to cope with the first few months, the training and learning of new systems? Will I get along with the people and customers? Will I enjoy my work? Aww it will drive me nuts!!

That is life! I hope that tomorrow goes well, I feel like a virgin right now… Whether I get closer to my dream relies on tomorrow… The big day.

Come visit people, it’s an easy location… Discount tickets for everyone!!!

“Aja, fighting!!”