Thursday, April 23, 2009

Feeling the Pinch

Recession: the state of the economy declines; a widespread decline in the GDP and employment and trade lasting from six months to a year.

Recess: a state of abeyance or suspended business.

Everyone is feeling it. Everyone is not enjoying it. Everyone is being thrifty and trying to save money in any form they can. So am I.

I must say that i am really grateful that I got a job. I am also grateful that I got my permanent residency in Australia. I am applyng for my Citizenship start of next year. Hopefully by mid-2010, i would get my Australian Passport. This would mean that everything will be sweet! I will then start my studies again.

Many says that recession would mean a perfect time to get back to school and 'upgrade' yourself so that once the economy recovers, you can attack it at full force. Moreover, business are bad when the economy is down anyway. However, I am actually afraid to leave the workforce at the moment. Firstly, I am not hating my work yet. Secondly, I really enjoy the income and benefits that my work gives me. I fear that if I go back to the books, I will go back to poverty. Students are poor and I am so over poor people.

On another note, I am pursuing something that I always want. I have a feeling that I will be so sick of working life in another year too. The freedom that a full time student has is just liberating at times too. For sure I will be still working part time in some chique boutique to pay for my rent. It will be more sophisticated and classy. I will still be able to afford my Edward Beale haircut and my monthly shopping grant. i will still be able to have some savings and go travel.

So here I am, in a state of transition. The end is within my eyesight. Blooming season is within grasp. However, i shall reap the benefits of my dedication and hard work. I shall cherish every moment of my education as i have worked for it. I shall be the best designer I can be - bleeding for fashion, lol! If the mid year intake is not available, I may be starting my studies at 2011!!! Still a while to go...

Next topic. Wisdom tooth.

I hate my wisdom teeth!!! It hurts like hell when it grows or when there is a gum inflammation!! I am getting my bottom wisdom tooth taken out the next time i visit Jakarta!!! My top ones grew out normally (a little crooked but still normal) while the bottom ones grow into my current teeth! I almost look forward to taking it out as I can say goodbye to painful bouts of toothache and I can get a more defined cheekbone with the teeth gone. In addition, I plan to make a pendant out of the two wisdom tooth too, so it is killing 3 ostriches with one ruby.

I also am not a big fan of my nose, which is massive! I don't like it for as long as I can remember. I don't hate it but i truly believe that I will be so much more beautiful if it is smaller and taller... slightly. I have tried clipping it, sucking in and pulling ti many many times... to no avail. It remains bulbous, big and at times (when i have a cold), vulgar. Thus, for my 24th birthday next 22nd of March (put it in your diary pleaseee), I have decided to present myself with a nose job. Then it will be major hotness.

Again, so much to pay, so little money...