Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Start!

Another cold day. I woke up bright and early this morning... at 10 AM. This is actually a record as I have been waking up at 12- 1 in the afternoon daily!! For some reason, I felt wide awake and energetic! In fear that this feeling may be gone in the afternoon, I ran out to the house and went to the gym!! I braved the cold and it was well worth it.

This time next week, I will be boarding my flight to Jakarta with Malaysia Airlines. I have flown Malaysia Airlines many times, twice on Business Class and the rest on Economy. It is not the best airline but it is great value for money. I remember when I was 18, I will be awake the whole 9 hours in flight, watching the movies. Today, at 24, sadly I will be asleep at least 7 hours of the flight. Zzzzzz. It amazes me what difference 6 years make. I have never in my life the luxury of travelling light. This time again, I will be toting so much hand-carry and my check-in will be maxed out. Damn.....

So many things to do when I am back. I have 16 boxes waiting for me to unbox and store. I am not sure which room I will be occupying at the moment. There are two choices. I can use the office that is currently under-utilized as a storeroom as my office/ storage space. This is not a big room and is on the ground floor of my Jakarta 'manor'. However, it boast great natural light which will be perfect for my drafting and painting. The second option is the reverse. It is located on the second floor and currently under-utilized as a store room too. This room is meant to be a karaoke/entertainment room as it is huge and padded with sound proof wall. It does not have alot of natural light but is ideal as a floor space for my many things, wardrobe and storage. Decisions, decisions...

Right now, me and younger sister are nervously awaiting the answer from the Event Organiser of Thamrin City (a shopping mall). I hope that we have good news tomorrow regarding us being able to reopen our shop there. It has great crowd and is the ideal target market for our current products. I will need to start right away and open shop if we got the ok.

I have to fix my online shop and at the same time, hunt for a physical shop to rent too in the mean time. I have the floor plan all planned out. It will be a simple shop, with the theme white and vintage. Display items (such as statuettes, trunks and random trinkets) will be spray painted white. There will be a small changing room with white curtains, rows of white racks and two coloured couches. It is very simple yet chic. The hardest part is finding the location for the shop that has great crowd and reputation!

This is truly the most excited and not nervous 'first day' of work I had ever been. It marks a new lifestyle for me! And for that, I have been thinking of a tattoo to commemorate this. Several ideas come to my mind but I think I like a band on my left leg, just right above my ankle. In the band, i would like 'Faith, Hope, Love' to be inscribed in it. This is a verse from the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13:13 that says 'Three things will last forever-- faith, hope and love-- and the greatest of these is love. I have not gone into designing the band yet but I shall look into it.

It is a new start. Be happy for me because I am.