Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Nose Issue

Its me again. Sometimes I wonder if humans have a mating season like animals where we are virtually one heat. Does this change with the seasons? Does one's sexuality change with the change of seasons too? Hmm... i can't help but wonder (will be for the next artikelen). Summer is long gone. It is freezing out there and I am not liking it. Why can't everyday be the perfect 18 degree celcius with some sun and wind?

It is May people, Perth will be here soon! Yayness! I have 10 months more to go will i get my new nose. However, i have often asked my mom if it is a good idea in the past and she does not like the idea. How can i tell her after i had my surgery? Should i lie (aka broke my nose during Tae Kwon Do) or should i be truthful (i am vain and i don't love the nose you and God gave me enough). I really don't want to lie to her as it will be a lie i carry on my whole life (i will burn in the pits of Hell), however, i do not want her to get hurt by the truth.

I have been contemplating recently about my nose. Isit even financially viable for me even? As you know, i am starting my studies in 2011 and having that extra $3000 means that i will be able to pay for 4 months of rent (aka one third of a years rent covered!!). However, looking into different hospitals, i decided that IT IS finanacially viable for me. I am even pay my nose in monthly installments!!

Then, there is the health issues as well. What if it becomes infected and i have to cut it off ala Michael Jackson. And what if i HATE it after my surgery. What if i am addicted to plastic surgery? I already have alot of laser sessions (like serious laser like IPL and resurfacing), have alot of chemical peels and alot of microdermabrasion done. They are painful but i love it. They are not cheap but i love it. So many things to think about. Just one minor incision required. Just a tiny piece of silicon inserted.

Thus, I sought the advice og Gods and my friends. I actually had been thinking about it for a bit since the thought of having it done next year came up. In the end, I actually came up with a good idea. I shall put off the operation for now. Reason why?

The thing is, i will only be 24 years old if i do get the 'upgrade'. Then what's next? I will be looking for new things to 'fix' and i reckon i still have many many years to go. I figured that perhaps i will do it later in life, say, when i am 40, if by then, i still have issues with my physicality. Perhaps by then i will realise that the problem is not my nose, perhaps it is my thin lips or my small chin. Perhaps it is my beautifully symmetical eyes. Perhaps it is my dainty ears. Perhaps it is something deeper. Like issues.

The thing is right, i don't hate my nose. I just don't love it that much and i am just not that into it. Say in a day, 24 hours, 20 hours of it are spent not feeling anything about my nose, as in neutral about it. 1 hour i am happy with it (because there is no snot to make it huge). Then the 3 hours i am not so liking it and thinking of fixing it. So, the majority time, i am neutral about it, like it is not even a problem. Like it is my little finger (which i think is not long and slender enough- i wonder what procedure is available to make my fingers longer and nicer.. ok Google here i go).

Thus, it is so unneccessary at this pointe that i want to fix it. It is not like a problem or an eyesore. So i shall focus all my funds to fix my skin on my face, which is improving by leaps and bounds. Yayness.

I think at times i am just too engrossed in little details. I have a feeling that the procedure will be so subtle that it will not even make such of a difference to the shape. Frankly my nose is not ugly. I don't love you nose.