Wednesday, May 27, 2009

J'dore Didi‏

My Gucci pug is here! Finally, yay! I am really impressed with the packaging this time. I often think that Gucci should improve their packaging as their wallet does not come in a cotton felt dust bag but has a box. Their bag comes in this cotton dustbag but it does not come in a box (think shoe box but bigger). The keychain comes in a box, AND a felt cotton dust wrapping cloth! It also includes a booklet that has all the Gucci keychain/ charm collection for the dog series, known as Guccioli. So the pug is named Oliver and I am a proud daddy!

One of my buddy's birthday is around the corner, Dr. Lubeman happy birthday!! He is turning older and wiser. Hopefully the post-teen hormone will calm down a little with the change of age to 24. however, I have often read that male libido is actually at its peak from 22 to 28 years old... how true how true. Sometimes I wonder why people have such high drives. Dr. Lubeman sure has an insatiable appetite. Slim G is also a hornbag. My work mates who are females are always eager to spread it. Maybe it is the norm afterall. Afterall they are young and at their peak, so they just want to spread their seeds all over the world like plants and whales.

Talking about spreading seeds, I have been spreading alot of my smell around the world. No, not pheromones but fragrances in the form of a bottle. I recently procured some Eau de Toilettes as I realised that my collezione is quite limited. I have finally got my claws on the elusive Dior Fahrenheit!!! People either love it or hate it. I happen to quite like it actually.

Then i got myself the Givenchy Homme!! I first used this perfume in my Secondary school years where I recieved a small tester from a magazine. That was years ago when the perfume first launched. I always remembered that smell and now, i finally got it (after many painful years)! The next one that I shall acquire end of June shall be Gucci Pour Homme 2. I am usually not a fan of sequel perfumes, like Dior Fahrenheit has a new generation which called fahrenheit 32 which I am not a fan of and Givenchy released Homme Blue same bottle but Blue coloured and have different notes) after the success of Homme (Red) which me no likey. However, the original Guucci Homme is really heavy and very very classique, which is not my kind of perfume. I kinda like flowery, light and refreshing ones. Exception for Dior Fahrenheit. I also have the Juicy Couture perfume which is sooo intoxicatingly sweet.

Karl Lagerfeld once said, on the launch of his perfume Kapsule, that perfumes are invisible fashion. I simply cannot agree more.
The sense of smell is also the strongest sense to trigger memories. Thus, parfum... Didi j'dore.

I have been seeing alot of people putting up pictures of themselves with cute babies on Facebook. I get quite annoyed when the baby is not related to them at all. It is probably their friend's or their neighbour's friends or some random stranger's baby. However, the glee on the people's face while holding the baby like it is some trophy or must-have accessory never fail to annoy me since they seem to think that THEY ARE THE reason why the baby is so cute. I am like... speechless. The baby probably will suffer from some post-natal traumatic syndrom after being photographed with them.